It was fantastic to speak with Donna Blackman (LAMDA) and learn more about her Public Speaking Coaching program. Donna has over 30 years of experience as a Drama and Voice Coach. Her performing arts background has helped her coach businessmen, doctors, lawyers, or anybody who needs to “perform” and deliver a public speech or sales pitch.
Table of Contents
Public Speaking Coaching
Did you know the fear of public speaking is called glossophobia? I didn’t, and apparently, it is more common than you think. I interviewed Donna Blackman (LAMDA) to find out more about her Public Speaking Coaching package. She explains who can benefit from the coaching and what it involves. Donna covered the following areas: the importance of public speaking, breathing/voice work and relaxation, and confidence-building techniques.
Public Speaking Coaching – The Leslie Link Interview with Donna Blackman
Here is a summary of some of the key moments from the interview with Donna.
Body Posture and Voice Projection
There is more to public speaking than the words that you say during your speech or sales pitch. Donna explains that how you look and sound are just as important.
- You can learn how to use breathing techniques to use your voice correctly.
- Project your voice to emphasis moments in your speech.
- How to use body posture to give the right image/impression to your audience and how you can make it work to your advantage.
Sales Pitch Preparation And Delivery
If you have a sales pitch to deliver and want to check it from the beginning to the end.
- Check your sales pitch impact and find out areas to improve upon.
- Donna can give you advice on how to strengthen your delivery.
- Also, a dummy Q&A session so you can learn to handle “awkward” questions after a pitch.
A Comfy Pair Of Slippers
Donna highlights the story of a lady who needed confidence building for party-plan events. She explains how the lady, after coaching, was able to deliver a speech as though she was wearing “a comfy pair of slippers”.
The Leslie Link Interview with Donna Blackman
Sally Leslie is a personal development dream weaver and optimist. She helps freelancers and entrepreneurs create balance in their lives and work towards their personal and professional goals. Sally is also a freelance content writer/copywriter for B2B/B2C content. A lover of plants, freedom, and football!